The National Essay Competition is organised annually by United Bank For Africa (UBA) as part of UBA
Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
In its 11th edition, the awards include:
The first prize is a N3 million educational grant,
while the second and third prizes are N2.5 million
and N2 million in educational grants to any African University of their choice.
Number of Scholarships: 3
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessement.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
What is the role of technology in educating the African youth?
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
How to Apply:
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
November 12th, 2021.