Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities.
We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Vacancy at Unilever Nigeria Plc.
Research & Development Assistant Manager BPC
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: Vocational – FSLC – SSCE – NCE -OND – BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA – PhD
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Role
• Supports the implementation of regional / local R&D elements of the Personal Care Category Program for both Formulation, Processing and Packaging development.
• Deliver activation and cost effectiveness of projects.
• Gives input for the development, together with local/ regional marketing, of a strategic vision and
communication for regional / local consumer and technical needs.
• Support savings initiatives for enhancing product margins and reduce business waste
- Responsible for driving deploy excellence across the West Africa R&D organization through successful execution of the new product development process and launches. The role entails owning the Product, Process and Packaging Development process, and manages it to promote brilliant execution and maintain compliance to Unilever’s quality system and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with other functions to identify value improvement projects(5S), develop and implement strategy, and assist in setting strategic technical direction.
- Assist in providing leadership for innovation projects, including such activities as collaborating to develop business cases, defining business and/ or technical requirements, and preparing detailed project plans and schedules
- Partner Local Market Activation in providing technical activation/promotional support for market introductions.
- Monitor Competitor activity, supporting Global Design and Regional Deploy with regional consumer needs and insights.
- To be responsible for managing quality and product safety in the Operating Company, providing the link to the Supply Chain and Personal Care Deploy R&D.
- Assists or lead – as appropriate/ agreed with the Personal Care Regional R&D Teams the seamless incorporation of new product technology/mixes into the Local Supply Chain.
- Implement (& proposes adaptations- only where local conditions dictate) regional/global technical specs of Raw Materials, Packaging Materials, Product and Process for Local Sourcing / Supply Chain, in consultation with the appropriate Personal Care Regional R&D Design Team.
Other Business Partners in MSO / Regional R&D and Project Team members.
Supply Chain, respective and category function
Relevant Experience and Key Skills
- Degree in Sciences, Preferably Chemistry / Chemical and Process Engineering
- 3-5 years technical experience from similar organizations.
- Excellence in Science and Technology Expertise.
- Consumer / Customer focus.
- Project Management.
- Professional networking/external focus.
- Strong IT skills
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Works independently
- Rigour (attention to detail)
- Team player
- Sense for high quality work
- Growth Mindset
- Bias for Action
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Consumer & Customer focus
- Team Alignment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Vacancy at Unilever Nigeria Plc.” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.