eNaira is a Central Bank of Nigeria-issued digital currency that provides a unique form of money denominated in Naira. eNaira serves as both a medium of exchange and a store of value, offering better payment prospects in retail transactions when compared to cash payments. eNaira has an exclusive operational structure that is both remarkable and nothing like other forms of central bank money.
According to CBN:
eNaira serves as both a medium of exchange and a store of value, offering better payment prospects in retail transactions when compared to cash payments.
Before you carry out any transaction with your wallet, you need to fund it. It is pretty easy to fund.
Funding your eNaira wallet from the same bank
- Login into your regular bank app.
- Initiate transfer to your eNaira wallet tied to the bank account on that bank.
- Get a notification on your eNaira wallet.
Funding eNaira wallet from an account in a different bank
- Log in to your regular bank app.
- Initiate transfer to your eNaira wallet by selecting your eNaira wallet (tied to the other bank different from the fund source).
- Get a notification for the alert in your e-wallet.
Cash to eNaira Wallet Funding
- Cash holder hands over cash to an eNaira verification agent/Bank branch/SANEF.
- Agent login to eNaira wallet.
- Transfer cash equivalent to consumer’s eNaira wallet.
- Fund owner receives notification.
Carrying out a Foreign Exchange deposit to your eNaira wallet
- Diaspora regular account holder log in to your customer FX bank account (e.g., HSBC).
- Transfer funds into International Money Transfer Operators’ (IMTO) FX bank account (e.g., Barclays, Western Union).
- Login to your IMTO eNaira wallet.
- Transfer from IMTO eNaira wallet to consumer eNaira wallet.
- Beneficiary receives notification.
- You login into your eNaira wallet.
- Initiate transfer to merchant eNaira wallet.
- The merchant receives the notification of transfer.
For Government MDAs
Citizens Paying Fee/Due to Government MDAs
- Login to your eNaira wallet.
- Initiate transfer to eNaira wallet of MDA (Ministries, Departments and Agencies) of Government.
- MDA receive a notification.
For those who want to download the wallet on their phones or PCs, click the following link https://enaira.gov.ng/download