Airtel, Nigeria leading provider of prepaid, postpaid mobile, & 4G services.
Serving over 30 million customers across Nigeria, Airtel seeks to connect communities and foster relationships that cut across geographic boundaries. We are alive to the needs of our customers as we help them realize their dreams using innovative products and services. We champion diversity, recognizing the depth and breadth of the communities we serve, driving inclusivity while working in the local communities to adapt and deliver solutions that enrich their lives.
We invite applications from qualified and suitable candidates for the following position
Head of Network Operations
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- To Control, Manage and Support day to day network operations to ensure that the Glass Ball of Customer Experience does not fall 24/7/365, delivering Operational excellence and +1 Network Experience.
Day to day management of all Network, Regional Operations & Maintenance Strategic Partners(SPs) to deliver optimal availability and Perpetual quality ( Customer). Day-Day Regional customer experience assurance
- End-to end operational management of the entire Core/IN/VAS, Base station system and Transmission domain
- Periodic audit of all technology domains
- Drive test management, (planning, log collection, reporting, implementation, of recommendations)
- Spares management to ensure availability of both critical and non critical spares
- Service Provider Service Level Agreement management
- Preventive Maintenance Schedule Audit
- Incidence management recommendation follow up
- Support the Operational Interface to both internal and external stakeholders especially Commercial, Customer Service Delivery and IT teams
- Ensure all regional Requirements and deliverables of Operations and Maintenance are met.
Prepare and manage the annual operating plans OPEX (AOPs) for all the active and passive network systems
- Direct Annual Operating Plan compilation for Airtel Nigeria Networks
- Direct achievement of Annual Operating Plan targets and all local and group Operating Expenditure saving initiatives to ensure optimization of all network investments
- Ensure Key focus on recurring Operating Expenditure.
Drive the end to end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure seamless operations across all SP( Process Management)
- Create and Ensure adherence to Governance Model.
- Define service level agreements for internal processes and partners, monitor achievement of defined objectives to ensure an effective and efficient interface to all touch points
- Ensure compliance to applicable policies, procedures and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across relevant touch points to ensure synergy across all SPs services
- Institute service level agreement measurement methodology to ensure all SPs are accurately measured, rewarded and penalized accordingly
- Ensure that all activities of Operations and Maintenance in the central and Region adhere to corresponding regulatory requirements in daily operations.
- Ensure all processes for effective management of Partners.
- Identify processes that will continually improve efficiency of delivery of Key Performance Indicators
Build a capable and motivated team at Airtel Nigeria to create a high performance team environment
- Recruit the right talent in consultation with function head, as per defined recruitment guidelines
- Develop and motivate team members through structured training and on the job coaching
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition
Educational Qualification & Required Skills
- Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (Masters Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- 10-12 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 5-8 years managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company
- With at least 3 years senior management experience in an area of network operations
- Entrepreneurial disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested candidates should click the button below to apply
DEADLINE: 4th May, 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply